Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Product Review: Gluten Free Funky Monkey

Well, I ordered an entire case of these Funky Monkey MangOJ snacks thinking they would be a great lunch-box item for my kids and my Celiac hubby.  My hubby works a lot, gets little time for lunch, and has a bit of a commute, so I thought these would be great for him leave in his car or desk.  
Unfortunately, not one of the five of us enjoy these fruit snacks.  The Funky Monkey fruit is 100% real fruit, no sugar added and gluten-free, but it's also freeze-dried.  It's extremely dry, crispy, and brittle.  Each piece is oddly shaped, hard and just feels odd in your mouth.  I told my kids it was astronaut food thinking they might think that was so cool it would be worth eating, but my innocent ploy is not working.  
My oldest daughter is performing in a high school band concert tomorrow night and the band is collecting donations for our local food pantry.  I'll be donating the entire case!  I hope someone else can enjoy these nutritious yet odd little snacks.

2 comments:

  1. Oh I can totally relate! I bought these yummy (to me) freeze dried mango and pineapple snacks and my daughter hated them! So I ate them all :)
    -Dana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing! I can tolerate them, but am definitely not a fan:(

    ReplyDelete