Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Coconut Mint Chip Ice Cream

Well, no one ever said getting creative in the kitchen isn't without a small disaster or two.  My two youngest and I set out to make Coconut Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream from Eat Like a Dinosaur, by the Paleo Parents.  
We gathered our ingredients, cut a bunch of fresh mint from our mint garden and headed to the stove.  We measured, poured, simmered and I turned away from the stove for a moment - never a good idea - and the pot boiled over making a huge mess all over the top of my recently cleaned stove.
We continued on, straining the mint and putting the mixture in the fridge to cool.  Our impatience got the best of us and we transferred the mixture to the ice-cream maker before it was cool enough, so, it would form ice-cream.  Just a slushy, icy mix.I had to pour it back out, the the mix some more, refreeze the ice cream bowl and try again.
The result, a slightly icy, but mint infused cool coconut treat.  My kids, who say they don't like coconut, loved it!  I vow to try the recipe again, hopefully without disaster.


No comments:

Post a Comment