Sunday, July 22, 2012

Zucchini Latkes

WOW! Nine & a half stars for the zucchini latkes according to my toughest food critic!  That's huge coming from a child who only lies to eat white bread with yellow cheese or pasta with butter!
Our garden zucchini were ripe, so, as promised, we tested the latke recipe from Eat Like a Dinosaur: Recipe and Guidebook for Gluten-Free Kids by the Paleo Parents.  This was also my first attempt at cooking/frying with coconut oil.  The recipe was easy to follow, only calling for a few ingredients, my favorite kind of recipe:o)
The only thing I will do differently when making the latkes next time, is using less oil.  I did find the latkes to be a bit oily.  Other than that - a huge success and my kids ate lots of zucchini for dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment