Monday, July 16, 2012

Stonewall Kitchen Gluten Free Brownies

Delectable! Delightful! Delicious!
My parents recently hosted a family dinner for our family of five and my three siblings.  Although we were in the middle of a heat wave, and it was 93 degrees outside, I chose to bake Stonewall Kitchen Gluten Free Brownies to bring for dessert along with coffee ice-cream.


I like to modify boxed mixes to create semi homemade treats.  The Stonewall Kitchen gluten-free brownie mix calls for 7 tablespoons of melted butter.  I substituted 4 tablespoons of coconut oil 
and 4 tablespoons of Sunsweet Lighter Bake.  Sunsweet Lighter Bake is essentially pureed prunes.  It can be difficult to find.  It is located in the oil section at my grocery store.  If you can't find it, you can boil and puree your own prunes - or just purchase a jar of organic baby-food pureed prunes.  I have used baby-food prunes many times and it works great!  I also added 1/2 cup of gluten-free milk chocolate M&M's.
The brownies were delicious!  A huge hit with everyone - g-free or not!




No comments:

Post a Comment