Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Product Review: Dr. Praeger's kids littles broccoli

I purchased this product because my little guy loves broccoli, the shapes are fun and kid friendly, and right on the front of the box the package indicates: 
NO SALT                     0 TRANS FAT
NO CHOLESTEROL  GMO FREE
LOW Sodium                LOW FAT
                       GLUTEN FREE
Dr. Praeger's products are also manufactured in the USA and I love to support American companies whenever possible. 
I thought the littles broccoli would be a nice, warm, healthy after-school snack.  However, when I got home and turned the package over for cooking instructions, I noticed 2 things.  In large bold letters it says Gluten Free.  Right under that declaration in small print it states:  Made in a facility that uses wheat, soy, eggs, fish and milk.  Sigh:(  
Needless to say, I didn't allow my Celiac son to eat these.  His big sisters and I loved them though!  The littles broccoli were delicious and satisfying!  So, if you're gluten sensitive or intolerant, these are probably fine for you to enjoy, but if you have Celiac Disease I can't recommend them.  Sadly, I won't be purchasing them again unless Dr. Praeger's changes their production practices. 

No comments:

Post a Comment