Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Blogging from Bed

Well, I awoke at 4:30 am on Saturday with a screaming headache and a 102 degree fever :(  Despite continuous medications the fever did not subside for more than 48 hours.  Monday morning I awoke at 4:30 am with an intense sinus headache, was completely congested and had a 102 degree temp despite a regimen of ibuprofen every 6 hours and acetaminophen every 4 hours since the wee hours of Saturday morning.  My hubby and I decided it was necessary to visit the ER to get my vitals checked, get a flu test and get some iv fluids.  What does any of this have to do with Celiac Disease and my blog?  Absolutely nothing, other than the fact that it is now Tuesday evening and I remain bedridden, but am finally able to sit up, think clearly and write a new post.  Luckily I had some posts previously written that I was able to post live, but haven't been able write anything new.  Part of the problem is that I can't get in my kitchen to cook anything.  For the 1st two days of this viral infection I was unable to get out of bed.  I'm now feeling up to venturing out of bed for about 15 minutes at a time, but I'm choosing to confine myself to my bedroom in an effort to prevent my kids from getting sick.  It's too late for my hubby as he has been my primary care giver.  This morning I had to venture out to help my kids get ready for school(the little ones are 10 & 7).  I emerged from my bedroom wearing a face mask provided to me at the hospital, well, the one they forced me to wear and latex gloves.  My little guy looked at me wide eyed with fear, confusion and concern.  I assured him that I was ok, that I was just protecting him and his sister.  I'm not sure he was convinced, but I got them on the bus and crawled back into bed.  I miss my kitchen, miss teaching yoga, miss visiting the library and I miss shopping for gluten-free goodies but most of all, I miss my kids.
By the way, that flu test came back negative, but it's only 60% accurate.  Hmm...


photo courtesy bloomberg.com

No comments:

Post a Comment