Thursday, June 14, 2012

Pamela's Cornbread and Muffin Mix



The best cornbread I've ever had is my home baked Pamela's Cornbread and Muffin Mix.  Not only is Pamela's Cornbread and Muffin Mix gluten-free, it's also Made in the USA making it a *best buy.  
Be careful purchasing any cornbread mix that isn't specifically labeled as gluten free.  If the corn used to make the mix was grown in proximity to a wheat field, or manufactured in a facility that also manufactures wheat/gluten products, then the cornbread mix isn't gluten free.
We were told by our pediatric gastro-enterologist to specifically stay away from the Quaker brand products as they rotate their corn/oat/wheat crops on the same fields.
Pamela's cornbread is my "go-to-staple" with grilled chicken, a nice salad or soup.  I substitute 1 cup of fresh buttermilk to replace the regular milk for a more complex flavor.  
Everyone LOVES it - even my most picky eater!


No comments:

Post a Comment