Wednesday, June 6, 2012

King Arthur Flour

I am an avid baker and when I began to look for g-free recipes for cake, cookies, muffins and brownies, I quickly became perplexed and overwhelmed.  Almost every recipe called for combinations of rice flour, potato flour, almond flour, tapioca starch, xanthan gum....  I certainly didn't have those ingredients in my pantry and hadn't even heard of a few.  When I looked into purchased them, I was dismayed by the cost.   Although I love to bake, the thought of having to mix my own flour blend was just too daunting.  It's difficult enough to care for the needs of 3 children, manage the dog, keep the house clean, and run my kids yoga business, let along accurately measure and properly mix a combination of ingredients to create my own g-free flour.  
Thankfully, I discovered King Arthur Flour in Norwich, VT.  KAF turned out to be an invaluable resource full of useful articles and tips on g-free baking.  
KAF offers a wonderful assortment of high quality gluten free baking ingredients.  I initially purchased their bread mix, muffin mix, SAF yeast, g-free multi purpose flour, Buttery Sweet Dough extract, Princess Cake & Cookie extract, Cake Enhancer and Xanthan Gum.  
I was impressed with the quality of their ingredients, the overall flavor, and the texture of my baked goods.  
My absolute favorite products that I continue to use with other mixes and recipes are the Xanthan Gum, Buttery Sweet Dough extract and the Princess Cake & Cookie extract.  Each adds a fuller, richer flavor to any bakery item.


No comments:

Post a Comment