Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Eat Like a Dinosaur

Fascinating food for thought.  An interesting introduction to the paleo inspired diet.  Eat Like a Dinosaur, written by The Paelo Parents, has caused me to think about food differently, has caused me to question my food sources and has served as a debatable topic of conversation among me and my foodie friends.
Truly more than a cookbook, Eat Like a Dinosaur is a guidebook full of advice on kitchen tools and accessories, explanations of different ingredients such as arrowroot powder and coconut aminos, and helpful tips on how to get your kids involved in the kitchen.
However, I do not eat red meat and haven't in over 25 years so I wont be making half of the recipes in this book.  But, Eat Like a Dinosaur does offer over 10 gluten free, dairy free, peanut free and soy free recipes.  A full color photo accompanies each recipe along with helpful hints and instructions for how your kids can help.
I have bookmarked 5 specific recipes to try.  The first one being Zucchini Latkes.  I'll get back to you as soon as my garden zucchini are ready to harvest!
To connect with the paleo parents please visit them at:
paleoparents.com or paleo parents on facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment